The Tim Hortons corporation said it is “deeply concerned” about a graphic video circulating online that appears to show a woman argue with staff at a Langley restaurant, before defecating in front of the cashier’s counter and throwing it at staff.
According to Langley RCMP, the incident took place at the location in the 20200-block of Douglas Cr. on Monday evening.
RCMP said officers briefly detained the woman, who is known to police in the area, and issued a date for her to appear in court.
Police said nobody was injured in the incident, and a report was provided to Crown counsel, who will decide whether any charges will be filed.
“In limited cases across the country, restaurants have a restricted access policy for restrooms to ensure the well-being of our guests,” said Tim Hortons in a written statement.
“Our current understanding is that the Team Member used their discretion in this case and denied access to this Guest based on past behaviour and out of concern for the immediate safety of Team Members and Guests in the Restaurant,” the statement read, adding that as matters escalated, staff called police.
Tim Hortons said the safety of staff and customers is a top priority and the corporation is working with the franchise owner to continue to look into the incident.
Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out. – Deuteronomy 28:6
USA News Headlines
- Hero teacher tackles school gunman
- Suspect in custody after shots fired at Indiana middle school
- Teachers could get a $100,000 death benefit if they die in a school shooting
- Armed bystander kills shooter at Oklahoma restaurant
- Is Biden running for president? Because he sure sounded like it today
- Zinke claims to be geologist, again
- Newly passed House bill would OK the President's military parade
- GOP leaders hold off coup on immigration -- for now
- Richard Branson says this is one of his biggest mistakes
- The startup that wants to bring fake meat to the masses
- 7 startups that want to improve your mental health
- Man traveling down river reunited with his dog
- Boat carrying HS prom collides with docked vessel
- Shaq to pay for funeral of woman fatally shot
- Couple finds 300-pound gator in pool
- Woman searches for hero who saved her
- Students charged after school vandalized
- Water moccasin invades home
- Girl, 12, arrested after threatening note found
- Family of 6 escapes massive house fire
ABC NEWS Headlines
- 'Hero' teacher tackled gunman, student says: 'Most people would never dare'
- Middle schooler returns to class with 2 guns, shoots peer, teacher: Police
- 'You are welcome,' says good Samaritan who turned gun on restaurant shooter
- 30-year-old ordered by court to move from parents' home is offered job, bonus
- Police officer allegedly shoots, kills fellow cop brother in his home
- Judge quits after suspension for sexual acts at courthouse
- USC president to resign over scandal involving former campus gynecologist
- New $12.9 billion warship already needs upgrades and fixes
- Santa Fe family sues suspect's parents, saying guns weren't kept away from 'murderer'
- Commanding officer in deadly USS McCain collision pleads guilty
- Former NAACP leader exposed as white faces fraud charges
- Authorities: Suspected restaurant gunman had gun license
- Body camera footage shows police fatally shoot naked man
- WATCH: Detailed account of how hero teacher took down alleged Indiana school shooter
- WATCH: Hospital staff finds way for patient to watch his twins graduate from high school
- WATCH: 2 bystanders killed gunman firing on crowded restaurantgoers: Police
- WATCH: In 3 weeks, lava has smothered about 15,000 acres of Hawaii's Big Island
- WATCH: Plane passenger faces federal charges after brawl breaks out over beer
- WATCH: Defense secretary says 'possibly some good news' on Korean summit
- WATCH: Tropical storm threatens the Gulf for Memorial Day weekend