Smoke alarm saves lives: Cigarette tossed in garbage ignites


Published Friday, November 15, 2019 7:38PM EST


Last Updated Friday, November 15, 2019 7:39PM EST

Wasaga Beach Fire says two seniors can credit a working smoke alarm with saving their lives on Friday evening.

“Both were sleeping when the alarm activated due to a garbage can fire in the kitchen,” the fire department stated in a tweet.

The pair escaped with minor smoke inhalation.

Fire officials say an improperly disposed of cigarette caused the fire.



Source link
https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4688480.1573864499!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_300/image.jpg

#CanadianNews #news #worldnews #headlinenews #CanadaNews Stories and much more.

You May Also Like