Red Deer RCMP seized more than a kilogram of cocaine from an alleged drug dealer’s home following a month-long investigation, which police say is one of the larger busts in recent years in the central Alberta city.
The probe began Dec. 8 as a result of information gathered by drug investigators and warrants were executed on Jan. 4.
A suspect was arrested while in a vehicle at a north Red Deer parking lot and a home was searched in the Highland Green neighbourhood.
The search of the home turned up 37 ounces of cocaine, which is just over a kilogram.
“RCMP officers seized about 1,040 grams, much of it packed into one-ounce packages, and when you consider that a gram of cocaine contains about five individual doses, we took a lot of drugs off the streets last week,” said Insp. Gerald Grobmeier in a release.
“The amount of cocaine we seized could equal between 5,200 and 15,000 individual doses, depending on how a dealer cut it with other filler.”
Chuot Le, 57, is charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking and is scheduled to appear in a Red Deer courtroom on Jan. 18 at 9:30 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to call RCMP at 403-343-5575 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to the overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. – Proverbs 3:9-10
USA News Headlines
- Hero teacher tackles school gunman
- Suspect in custody after shots fired at Indiana middle school
- Teachers could get a $100,000 death benefit if they die in a school shooting
- Armed bystander kills shooter at Oklahoma restaurant
- Rosenstein 'remarkably calm' amid Russia storm
- Giuliani: Mueller to focus on collusion, obstruction
- State of the Cartoonion: Kim Jong Un taking Trump 101
- Inside Funny or Die and Billy Eichner's plan to 'Glam Up The Midterms'
- Richard Branson says this is one of his biggest mistakes
- The startup that wants to bring fake meat to the masses
- 7 startups that want to improve your mental health
- Dog owner arrested after pets were left inside hot car
- Volunteers place flags on veteran's grave sites
- Beaten woman rescued after slipping note for help
- Teens steal limousine near Nashville Airbnb
- Voluntary evacuations in NC recommend for Alberto
- Karate teacher allegedly sexual assaulted teens
- Woman shoots, kills husband during argument
- Mobile prepares for potential flooding by Alberto
- Car carrying boxes of bees involved in crash
ABC NEWS Headlines
- Woman slips note to veterinarian saying boyfriend holding her captive, police say
- Lava in Hawaii so widespread it can be seen from space
- When valedictorian's speech barred as too political, he gave it outside on bullhorn
- 4 killed, 13 injured in massive, fiery pileup on highway
- More than $55K raised for teacher who stopped shooter
- Gulf Coast prepares for Alberto as heavy rain, gusty winds hit Florida
- Heroic teacher tackled middle-school shooter after running toward bullets
- Mario Batali restaurants on Las Vegas Strip to close amid sexual assault allegations
- Mississippi, Florida, Alabama declare emergency ahead of storm Alberto
- Cases against pork giant continue after big penalty slashed
- On Memorial Day, remembering those who died in service but not in combat
- Military widows share how they have come to cope with loss of their husbands
- Puerto Rico braces for hurricane season, 8 months after Maria
- WATCH: High school valedictorian addresses grads through bullhorn following speech ban
- WATCH: This Memorial Day weekend, honoring those who lost their lives in non-combat accidents
- WATCH: New details about North Korea meeting with South Korea
- WATCH: Hero saves highway driver from car on fire
- WATCH: Border Patrol agent accused of shooting and killing woman in Texas
- WATCH: American held in Venezuelan prison returns to US
- WATCH: Changing wind pattern raise fears of dangerous toxic gases in Hawaii