Police are asking the public to help them locate a suspect wanted in connection with the fatal beating of a Winnipeg man in August.
Matthew Marjanovic, 29, is the fourth suspect police have tied to the killing of Mustafa Peyawary.
Peyawary, 29, was found unresponsive in an apartment in Winnipeg’s Fort Richmond neighbourhood on Aug. 13, 2017 after neighbours heard screaming and called police.
At the time, police said Peyawary had been assaulted over an extended period of time and showed signs of massive blunt-force trauma.
Damir Kulic, 27, of Vancouver and Ahamed Althaaf Ismail, 29, of Edmonton were charged with first-degree murder soon after.
A third suspect, 25, was arrested last week in downtown Vancouver and charged with conspiracy to commit murder. He has since been returned to Winnipeg.
Marjanovic is also believed to be in the Vancouver area or possibly Edmonton or Calgary, police say. He is described as 5-foot-6 and 140 pounds with short brown hair, brown eyes and numerous tattoos.
He is considered to be armed and dangerous and if seen, the public is asked to call 911.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts or about the investigation is asked to contact homicide investigators at 204-986-6508 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to the overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. – Proverbs 3:9-10
USA News Headlines
- Power and plantains are back -- for some -- six months after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico
- How to survive climate change: A lesson from Hurricane Maria
- Life in Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- 'We are the forgotten people': It's been almost six months since Hurricane Maria, and Puerto Ricans are still dying
- EPA spent $30,000-plus on security detail for Administrator Scott Pruitt's Italy trip
- How your data makes Facebook billions
- Fox News analyst's stunning note hit network 'like a bombshell'
- Lawyer: Sessions no longer under investigation for perjury
- Biden meets with 'Blue Collar' Democrats on the Hill
- Why Trump's tax cuts could backfire
- 12 tax scams you'll want to avoid
- This could make Elon Musk the richest man alive
- Buffalo Diocese releases names of 42 suspected pedophile priests
- Former student arrested for social media comment
- Grieving parents create safe harbor for addicts
- Gator takes a dip in Orlando swimming pool
- 'Chemo Bath' offers new hope for cancer patients
- Police find body of 6-month-old baby in cat litter
- Couple ties the knot in Walmart's Garden Center
- Skeletal remains may be woman missing since 1996
ABC NEWS Headlines
- Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say: EXCLUSIVE
- Austin bombing suspect's family speaks out about his 'darkness'
- Body cam footage shows officers saving 2-month-old
- Unarmed man killed by police who fired 20 rounds at him
- Serial bombing suspect left 25-minute 'confession' on phone: Police
- Nor'easter by the numbers: The latest on snow totals, flight cancellations and more
- Bus driver stabbed by passenger
- Austin bombing suspect's uncle says he was smart, kind
- Mudslide-devastated California towns brace for downpour
- How police finally found the Austin bomber
- Video: Officers yelled 'gun' before shooting unarmed man
- Snow to pummel major cities during rush hour as spring nor'easter slams East Coast
- Bail set at $400K for former police officer charged in killing of Australian woman
- WATCH: Woman arrested for giving marijuana to 1-year-old
- WATCH: Suspected serial bomber killed himself as SWAT was closing in: Authorities
- WATCH: Springtime snowstorm cuts miserable path through Northeast
- WATCH: Loyola-Chicago's secret weapon: Sister Jean
- WATCH: Mueller team zeroing in on political consulting firm with Trump ties: Sources
- WATCH: Authorities ID 23-year-old Austin man as alleged serial bomber
- WATCH: Austin serial bombing suspect left 25-minute 'confession' on phone: Police