Chemicals have been released into the atmosphere from a flood-damaged plant near the storm-hit US city of Houston, local officials say.
Earlier, black smoke was seen issuing from the Arkema chemical plant at Crosby.
A police officer who was helping secure the site was taken to hospital after inhaling fumes, while nine others admitted themselves as a precaution.
Arkema said this was believed to have been caused by a “non-toxic irritant”.
Harris County sheriff Ed Gonzales said the release was not believed to have been a result of an explosion, despite earlier reports of blasts.
Residents living within a 1.5-mile (2.4km) radius of the plant were evacuated after the company warned there was a risk of explosions and fire.
During heavy rainfall from Hurricane Harvey, the complex lost the ability to refrigerate chemical compounds that need to be kept cool.
Please subscribe HERE http://bit.ly/1rbfUog
World In Pictures https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS3XGZxi7cBX37n4R0UGJN-TLiQOm7ZTP
Big Hitters https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS3XGZxi7cBUME-LUrFkDwFmiEc3jwMXP
Just Good News https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS3XGZxi7cBUsYo_P26cjihXLN-k3w246
USA News Headlines
- Border Patrol agent kills undocumented woman
- The US border is bigger than you think
- Attorney who went on racist rant apologizes
- US citizen asked for ID after speaking in Spanish
- DHS secretary defends separating families at the border
- Is Biden running for president? Because he sure sounded like it today
- Zinke claims to be geologist, again
- Newly passed House bill would OK the President's military parade
- GOP leaders hold off coup on immigration -- for now
- 6 things to know before the opening bell
- What Richard Branson considers to be one of his biggest mistakes
- This startup wants to bring fake meat to the masses
- Blind woman sees her guide dog for the first time
- Police save children from ledge over a garage
- NJ lyme disease cases reach record level
- Family claims doctor is responsible for deaths
- Officer accidentally shot while changing clothes
- Father takes late son's girlfriend to prom
- Mom upset over water fight at school
- 300+ missing kid cases remain unsolved in Va.
ABC NEWS Headlines
- Pennsylvania residents report hearing mysterious explosions, feeling ground shake
- Civilian shoots, kills suspect who opened fire at Oklahoma City restaurant
- Here are the 7 tweets that led to landmark court decision against Trump
- Rachel Dolezal accused of welfare fraud after race scandal
- Remains of teen who went missing in 2015 found in a park pipe
- Toddler injured in alleged street racing dies at hospital, police say
- Rachel Dolezal, who posed as black, accused of welfare fraud
- 1-year-old girl dies in hot truck after dad accidentally leaves her there all day
- The forecast is out for the 2018 hurricane season: What experts say is in store
- 77-year-old school bus driver charged in deadly crash with a dump truck
- Woman who falsely accused Texas state trooper of sexual assault could face charges
- Texas school shooting suspect seeks 'reasonable bail'
- Former homeless kid heading to Harvard on scholarship
- WATCH: Best and worst times to hit the road this weekend
- WATCH: NBA player speaks about stun-gun arrest
- WATCH: What's next for Harvey Weinstein
- WATCH: Heavy storms may rain out Memorial Day Weekend plans
- WATCH: Walking through Arlington National Cemetery's hallowed ground
- WATCH: NFL policy on anthem protests draws criticism
- WATCH: Student who went from homeless to Harvard credits writing program