#wordpress #youtube #plugins #seo #socialmediamarketing #webdesign #Godbless
Why Godaddy is the BEST hosting provider
Get 1 year of hosting and a FREE domain name if you are a new customer to godaddy.
Hi there. In this video, we’ll provide an overview of domain name transfer process at GoDaddy.
Benefits of Transferring to Godaddy: FREE 1-yr extension – BIG savings over the competition – 24/7 live customer service by phone that is second-to-none
Learn about the domain transfer process from start to finish. To start a domain transfer log into your Godaddy control panel.
Transferring a domain name isn’t difficult, but it does take time and involves several steps, all of which must be done in order.
The process steps covered in this course are specific to GoDaddy, and apply to many common domain extensions, including .com, .org, and .net. or if you have difficulty please Call Godaddy directly, they have the BEST customer service and they will walk you through the process.
There are seven steps in the domain name transfer process. Some steps are simple and quick; however, others may require the assistance of your current registrar and involve more time.
Steps one through three are preparation steps that ensure your domain name can be transferred easily and lawfully from your current registrar. These steps need to be done in your existing hosting package.
IMPORTANT—Many hosting companies will support you by phone if you call them. Some make the process very difficult, while others will offer you incentives to keep your business. Don’t forget Godaddy has EXCEPTIONAL customer service and will extend your domain name registration for 1 YEAR when you transfer so don’t let them talk you out of it.
Steps four through seven represent the actual transfer process into your GoDaddy account.
The domain name transfer process starts at your current registrar, where you’ll:
1) Ensure that your domain name is not privately registered
2) Unlock your domain name; visit the ICANN WHOIS website to verify that the domain name’s Administrative Contact info is correct and that it’s eligible for transfer;
3) Get an authorization or EPP code from your current registrar.
With preparation complete, your domain name is ready for the actual transfer process. At GoDaddy, you’ll purchase your domain name transfer
4) Watch for a GoDaddy transfer confirmation email that contains your two purchase codes;
5) Use your Authorization, or EPP code from your current registrar, and your two purchase codes from GoDaddy to approve the transfer in
6) Monitor the status of your transfer as desired.
7) What’s next? Well… practice being patient. The processing time for a domain transfer can take up to seven business days from the date on which you entered your approval codes.
I have seen transfers go through in 24 hours, but in some cases it can take up to 7 business days. Please be sure to check your email for updates and to avoid delays.
When your transfer is officially complete, GoDaddy will send you an email to
let you know, and ask you to double-check your domain’s contact information on our site.
Here’s one final look at all the steps for transferring a domain name.
Yes, there are a lot of steps, and some may take more time than others; but understanding the overall process and the order in which it must occur, will promote a smoother domain name transfer.
If you need help PLEASE CALL Godaddy and they can assist. Be sure to have your Godaddy account number and 4 digit PIN.
Originally posted 2017-10-10 07:35:09. Republished by Blog Post Promoter