A California woman has filed a lawsuit alleging sexual harassment and battery against former Edmonton Eskimos star quarterback Warren Moon.
The lawsuit, obtained by The Canadian Press, was filed Monday in Orange County, Calif. It names Moon and his company, Sports 1 Marketing, as defendants.
Wendy Haskell, a former executive assistant to Moon at Sports 1 Marketing, alleges in the lawsuit that Moon required her to wear skimpy lingerie, share his bed during business trips and made unwanted sexual advances.
Haskell also alleges in the documents that Moon grabbed her crotch while she was sleeping on a recent business trip in Seattle.
The Canadian Press does not normally name alleged victims of sexual assault, but Fitzgerald & Isaacson, the law firm representing Haskell, said its client had agreed to go public.
None of the allegations have been proven in court. Sports 1 Marketing did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
And as for you, be fruitful and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth and multiply in it. – Genesis 9:7
USA News Headlines
- California Governor's grim outlook on wildfires: This is the new normal
- A look at the California wildfires' jaw-dropping numbers
- It's not just spraying water: How the pros fight wildfires
- Photos: Southern California on fire
- Alabama Senate readers' guide: What to watch for and when
- Doug Jones touts celebrity endorsements
- Trump recorded robocall for Roy Moore
- Schiff: Criticisms of Mueller probe meant to discredit potential future charges
- Alabama voters struggle with whether to support Roy Moore
- Randi Zuckerberg's pop-up kitchen serves up tech for kids
- Sony unleashes the cuteness with new robot dog
- Bill Gates invests $80 million to build Arizona smart city
- Recovering addict uses passion for pit bulls to create dog shelter
- Parents concerned over Facebook-made curriculum
- PD: Mayor used dead woman's handicap sticker
- Veteran turns 100 on Pearl Harbor anniversary
- Family sells Christmas tree to fight ALS
- Vandals tackle 25-foot inflatable Santa
- Firemen replace stolen Christmas gift
- Fat squirrel steals snacks from family
ABC NEWS Headlines
- Convicted serial killer Todd Kohlhepp reportedly claims more victims
- Massive California wildfire now the fifth-largest in state's history
- Sexual misconduct often part of the job in hospitality work
- As California firefighters get ahead of some wildfires, others still rage
- California man freed after 15 years for shaken baby death
- Officials: Whales, after deadly year, could become extinct
- WWE wrestler Rich Swann suspended after arrest for allegedly battering wife
- 5 years after Sandy Hook shooting, plans for a permanent memorial take shape
- New evacuations as huge Southern California fire flares up
- Idaho man upset with court tries to crash into courthouse
- Police link 4th freeway shooting to same suspects in Detroit
- Sandy Hook's legacy: More security in elementary schools
- The Latest: Officials urge Santa Barbara residents to flee
- WATCH: Convicted serial killer taunts FBI with letter on more victims
- WATCH: New York surgeon found dead in Park Avenue apartment
- WATCH: Oklahoma QB becomes first non-recruit to win Heisman
- WATCH: Gunman allegedly terrorizing drivers on Michigan highways
- WATCH: Wildfire now the 5th largest in California history
- WATCH: Puerto Rico's Maria death toll climbs to 64, as FEMA assistance tops $1 billion
- WATCH: Northeast braces for winter blast, snow