As the city of New Westminster continues to undergo a facelift, road closures continue to plague the community.
Starting Monday, a major sewer upgrade will cause closures on a portion of Front Street between Columbia and Begbie streets.
The city said the closures will impact traffic for approximately six months and will be in effect Monday to Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Regular vehicle traffic will be able to use Front Street — with a short detour on Begbie Street — but trucks with three or more axles will not be allowed on Front Street. Instead, those trucks will be detoured up the road to Royal Avenue.
The city said while road closures will be in place for vehicle traffic, businesses will remain open to foot traffic.
Transit users may also experience delays, as bus routes along Columbia Street may be affected, according to the city.
The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. – Psalm 34:10
USA News Headlines
- Memphis took down two Confederate statues. State lawmakers are punishing the city for it.
- December: Confederate statues come down in Memphis
- America's complicated history with its Confederate past
- Historians: 'Defending history' is complicated in the US
- Haley's retort shows why she's unique in Trump's White House
- Democratic male senators push to advance sexual harassment legislation
- Karen McDougal can discuss alleged Trump affair
- Corker questions Trump's 2020 bid
- What we know about Trump's business empire
- Passwords at work could be on their way out
- Video: Murder fugitive seen at Ocala Hotel
- Nissan retraining employees after offensive emails
- Severe bleeding from synthetic marijuana reported
- Orlando-bound flight bears similarities to Philly
- Elderly priest dies after home invasion
- Local company gives veteran a new roof
- Police ID man fatally shot in Sheriff's Office
- Southwest flight hits bird, goes back to Nashville
- Zoo Miami lioness spayed to protect genetic line
- 60-year-old beloved sign restored
ABC NEWS Headlines
- Men arrested at Starbucks refused to 'make a purchase or leave,' ex-manager told 911
- Nanny trial: Dad of slain kids 'hugged every' juror 'I could' after guilty verdict
- The Latest: Southwest pilots: 'Our hearts are heavy'
- 19 years later, Columbine principal haunted by 'worst nightmare,' inspired by action
- Syracuse fraternity suspended for ‘extremely racist’ video
- This restaurant uses a color-coded system to combat sexual harassment
- Southwest passenger 'did what any registered nurse would do' in attempt to save woman
- Hero Southwest pilot one of Navy's first female fighter pilots
- Bill Cosby defense witness stumbles in explaining discrepancies in testimony
- Bay Area earthquake could lead to massive loss of life and property: USGS report
- 3-year-old girl accidentally shoots pregnant mother from backseat of car: Police
- 'Fearless Girl' is leaving 'Charging Bull,' moving to a new home
- School shut after Confederate flag-bearing truck gatherings
- WATCH: 'She's a very calming person:' Mother-in-law of Southwest hero pilot
- WATCH: SAP pledges to plant 5 million trees by 2025 on 'GMA'
- WATCH: Men arrested at Starbucks speak out
- WATCH: Pro surfer saves lives amid torrential Hawaii rain
- WATCH: David Copperfield reveals illusion under oath
- WATCH: Puerto Rico hit by massive power outage
- WATCH: Deadly fires tear across the Southwest