Fire crews douse dishwasher fire in southwest London – London


London fire crews are sounding the alarm after a recent blaze at a condo was sparked by a dishwasher that may have been under recall.

Officials say they recently responded to reports of a blaze at the home in the southwest end of the city.

When crews arrived, the home’s occupants were already outside. One of them thought to shut off power to the home as they were evacuating. Firefighters spotted smoke coming from a dishwasher that was being used.

RELATED: London Fire Department noticing spike in cooking-related fires

Damage from the blaze was limited to the cabinet surrounding the dishwasher and the appliance itself.

No one was injured.

Officials say they checked the dishwasher and found it was sold under the brand name “Viking” and was possibly subject to a product recall. There have been 157 reports of cases involving the recalled appliances. In 26 cases there have been fires resulting in property damage.

Officials are reminding residents to monitor appliances like dishwashers and clothes washers and dryers when they’re in use.

© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



Source link

[Prosperity]

Top Canadian News – Fire crews douse dishwasher fire in southwest London – London #News in #Canada

Originally posted 2017-12-04 15:52:05. Republished by Blog Post Promoter

You May Also Like